Skip to main content

Jamie Foxx To Play Mike Tyson In Upcoming Biopic

It is finally happening after years of promise - Jamie Foxx says his biopic about Mike Tyson will come to the big screen soon.
Tyson himself revealed the film is in "pre-production" with Jamie playing him from the ages of 20 through to his mid thirties. Foxx just turned 5.

Foxx has been building the finances with producers for the planned movie about the astonishing rise of the Brooklyn fighter from the NY C streets to become undisputed heavyweight world champion.

Foxx also admitted that he never takes for granted his Oscar win for his last biopic Ray, especially as other African American stars like Sidney Poitier were overlooked by the Academy in the past.


The actor, comic and singer is "very optimistic" that the movie will happen within the next couple of years.

Jamie, speaking at the Mercedes Benz Oscar Viewing Party in LA, admitted: "I am really excited.

"I know him. I know the story, and I am really excited to film this.

"I cannot wait for people to see what I get to see about him."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Nigerian men sentenced to a total of 28 years for swindling over $130,000 from Vietnamese women

Two Nigerian men were sentenced to 16 and 12 years in prison for swindling more than $130,000 from Vietnamese women they befriended online.

Check out this sexy referee who has got Instagram busy (photos)

This 21-year-old Russian Football referee Ekaterina Kostjunina isn't just loved for her officiating skills on the pitch but for her sultry pictures she always uploads on Instagram. The Russian beauty takes charge of youth games in Russia but keeps describing herself as a “football player and university student” on IG. Football fans also love her because of her sexy figure, and the fact she's a referee at the young age of 21, that's not common with female football referees. More photos below...

President Buhari speaks on why he suspended Justice Walter Onnoghen

Earlier today, President Buhari suspended embattled Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Walter Onnoghen and appointed Justice Tanko Muahammad as the acting CJN. While swearing in Justice Muhammad, President Buhari gave reasons for Onnoghen's suspension.