Skip to main content

Malala Yousafzai Returns To Pakistan For First Time Since She Was Shot

Nobel Peace Prize winner Malala Yousafzai has returned to Pakistan for the first time since being shot by Taliban militants.
Ms Yousafzai, now aged 20 and a vocal human rights activist, was shot in the head by a gunman for campaigning for female education in 2012.

In an emotional speech at the prime minister's office, she said it had been her dream to return "without any fear".

Details of the surprise trip are being kept secret for security reasons.


Pakistani television broadcast video showing her arriving with her parents at Islamabad's Benazir Bhutto International Airport under tight security.

"Always it has been my dream that I should go to Pakistan and there, in peace and without any fear, I can move on streets, I can meet people, I can talk to people," Ms Yousafzai said in a televised address from the PM's house in Islamabad.

"And I think that it's my old home again... so it is actually happening, and I am grateful to all of you."

The trip is expected to last four days. Officials from her Malala Fund group travelled with her.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Two Nigerian men sentenced to a total of 28 years for swindling over $130,000 from Vietnamese women

Two Nigerian men were sentenced to 16 and 12 years in prison for swindling more than $130,000 from Vietnamese women they befriended online.

Check out this sexy referee who has got Instagram busy (photos)

This 21-year-old Russian Football referee Ekaterina Kostjunina isn't just loved for her officiating skills on the pitch but for her sultry pictures she always uploads on Instagram. The Russian beauty takes charge of youth games in Russia but keeps describing herself as a “football player and university student” on IG. Football fans also love her because of her sexy figure, and the fact she's a referee at the young age of 21, that's not common with female football referees. More photos below...

President Buhari speaks on why he suspended Justice Walter Onnoghen

Earlier today, President Buhari suspended embattled Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Walter Onnoghen and appointed Justice Tanko Muahammad as the acting CJN. While swearing in Justice Muhammad, President Buhari gave reasons for Onnoghen's suspension.